Cogent Steps, LLC is pleased to announce the brand-new Emergency Response for the Athlete (ERA) course. This course has been deliberately designed and tailored for physical therapist and athletic training students, licensed providers in athletic training, nursing, physical therapy, and physicians who want specialized training in sideline and venue emergency management of the athlete. The ERA is a leap forward in quality and value for students and hosts.
Cogent Steps, LLC’s ERA course was approved on July 24, 2018 as satisfying the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) Acute Management of Injury & Illness requirement for applicants for Sports Specialist Certification.
The ERA course is delivered as a hybrid course with up-front, online narrated presentations, an online textbook, and test, followed by a two-day, in-person course at a host site, all for a single registration fee. Upon successful completion of the ERA, the participant is granted a three-year ERA certification.
The benefits of the new ERA course include:
- One payment for online textbook, testing, and course registration
- Self-paced textbook download for immediate use
- Electronic test online for rapid completion of student preparation
- 2-day vs 3-day in-person intensive course
- Sport-specific topics to coincide with the Description of Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Sports Specialist
- CPR/AED training available as an elective in each course
To host a course or to schedule group registration, contact Reid Bessenger, Lead Partner, at email@example.com or at 703.971.4834. View current available registration on our courses page.