The ERA Recertification LIVE course is blended with students completing online didactic work, and then a one-day LIVE session in person for review and testing. The approximate time involved is 10 hours:
Prerequisite work didactic: 2 hours. Each student will choose from a list of immersive courses and complete one as part of the online didactic work to provide more in-depth knowledge of specific acute injuries and illness. Separate CEU’s will be offered for an immersive course.
Each module has an online test that requires a score of 80% for passing.
Synchronous Session: 7 hours
- Introductions and Class Norms
- EMS systems including National Incident Management and Emergency Action Plans
- Legal issues with a focus on practice acts and scope of care in emergency settings
- Disease transmission
- Primary & Secondary Assessment
- Airway Emergencies including the use of oxygen, asthma, pulse oximeter and EpiPen
- Cardiac emergencies
- Review of cardiac emergencies and use of AED
- CPR will be offered as an elective for students through American Red Cross (prn at the end of class)
- Identification, Care and Early Management of Wounds
- Identification, Care and Early Management of Musculoskeletal injuries
- Review of current practices for spine injured athletes and equipment removal
- Identification, Care and Early Management of Head
- Identification, Care and Early Management of Torso
Practical Assessment 90 minutes
Presented with a sports scenario, student will complete the full assessment and care on a live partner. Rubric will be used for grading with feedback provided by students and instructors with discussion on alternative methods, options for care
ATTENTION: You will need to be logged into a Cogent Steps Learner Account with an associated ERA Course Completion. You may begin registering for recertification 6 months prior to your ERA Certification expiration (for example, if you completed your ERA Certification on 11/28/2018, you will NOT be able to register to recertify until AFTER 5/28/2021). If you should have any questions, please contact us.