This is the online portion of the Emergency Medical Response for the Athlete (ERA) certification. With this online training you will be provided with narrated presentations, an online textbook, and an exam to show competency of the ERA material.
Upon successful completion of the written exam in this course and within 6 months, you MUST register and attend a two-day intensive, on-site training session. You can find more details about upcoming on-site ERA training sessions, here.
Core skills covered in this online course include:
- Considerations for the Young Athlete, Children, and Adolescent
- Sideline Care of the Senior Athlete
- Gender Difference in Sports Medicine
- Injuries, Emergent Conditions, and Athletes in Adaptive Sports
- Performance Enhancement Issues in Athletes
- Sport Variations and Rules for Sideline Care
- Environmental Considerations
- Legal and Ethical Concerns for the Athletic Venue
To begin this course, please register for a Cogent Steps Learner Account. Once you have successfully created a username and password, come back here to this course page and select the “Take This Course” button to begin…
If you have already created a Cogent Steps Learner Account, please make sure you are logged in, then select “Take This Course” from below to begin…