This is the online training module for the Emergency Medical Response for the Athlete (ERA) certification. With this online training module, you will be provided with narrated presentations, an online textbook (2nd edition), and an exam to show competency of the ERA material.
Upon successful completion of the written exam in this course and within 6 months, you MUST attend a two-day intensive, on-site training session. You CAN NOT start the ERA Online Training module until you have successfully registered for a two-day intensive. You can find more details about upcoming on-site ERA training sessions, here.
Core skills covered in this online course include:
- Basics of Emergency Response
- Considerations for the Young Athlete, Children, and Adolescent
- Sideline Care of the Senior Athlete
- Gender Difference in Sports Medicine
- Injuries, Emergent Conditions, and Athletes in Adaptive Sports
- Performance Enhancement Issues in Athletes
- Sport Variations and Rules for Sideline Care
- Environmental Considerations
- Legal and Ethical Concerns for the Athletic Venue
To begin this course:
1. Register for an ERA two-day intensive training session, here
2. Once you have successfully completed Step 1 come back here to this course page to begin this course…
Please make sure you are logged into your account and have already registered for an ERA two-day intensive in order to begin this online training module.