Emergency Response for Softball & Baseball
America’s pastime sports involve all ages of athletes from youth sports to the major leagues and Olympics. Understanding the common injuries and their mechanisms of injury are key in helping to care for athletes in baseball and softball.
This online training module on Emergency Response for Softball & Baseball is used for the completion of your ERA Recertification. Please make sure you have registered for an ERA Recertification Course HERE, before attempting to complete this module.
This online training module consists of a:
- Didactic Chapter
- Video Lecture
- Final Quiz
After completing this session, the learner will:
- Identify & Describe the most frequent acute injuries in baseball & softball
- Recall primary and secondary assessment steps and identify when to safely move a player to perform the secondary assessment off the field
- Differentiate between emergent/serious injuries that require immediate advanced medical referral vs those injuries that do not
- Apply knowledge of injuries to preparing an appropriate sideline medical kit
- Discuss the mandatory and elective protective devices for baseball and softball and discuss the value of each as it relates to injury prevention
- Outline the basics in an emergency action plan for a baseball/softball venue