Approximately two weeks prior to the course, you will receive an email from the lead instructor or a staff member of Cogent Steps, LLC informing you of details of the course including exact location, parking and any specifics of the location. We rely on our generous hosts including clinicians and clinics for support for our course locations.
All On-Site Courses typically run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. On that last day, the course may finish slightly earlier than 5 pm, depending upon the order of rotation for practicals. If you have travel concerns, please let the lead instructor know ahead of time and accommodations can be coordinated.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to the most commonly received questions from students.
Once you sign up for a course you will need to access instructional materials. There are different requirements for each course.
For students taking the two-day Emergency Response for the Athlete course, the following actions must be taken:
- Register for an ERA On-Site Two-Day Intensive Course from our Course Calendar page.
- Complete the ERA Online Training Module. You MUST complete the ERA Online Training Module prior to attendance at your On-Site Training Session.
- Both the ERA Online Training Module and ERA On-Site Two-Day Intensive Training Session MUST be completed within a 6-month period of time. Failure to do so will result in not earning your certificate and having to start the course over from the beginning.
- You will receive your completion certificate via email after you have completed the course and post-course survey. Your certificate is good for 3 years from your on-site ERA course training date.
- Optional: CPR training is not included in the ERA Course, but can be purchased as the optional CPR Enrichment Module with Adult/Infant CPR Barrier Mask Kit.
While we coordinate with our hosts, on a rare occasion a situation may arise where a course needs to be cancelled or postponed due to administrative or registration issues, or as a result of emergency situations. We make every attempt to decide if this is necessary at least 14 days prior to the first day of the course. We recommend purchasing refundable tickets and hotel rooms and/or travel insurance in case a cancellation or postponement occurs. Students are welcome to transfer between courses if a conflict arises.
TRANSFERS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS POLICY
Transfer requests for course registration received not later than 14 days before the course is scheduled to begin will be honored at no cost provided the gaining course has capacity. Cancellation requests for course registration received not later than 14 days before the course is scheduled to begin will receive a full refund minus a $65 administrative fee. CPR cancellations will receive a full refund minus a $15.00 administrative fee. Refunds will be processed within 3-5 business days from the day the request is received. Purchase of the Youth Sports: Special Consideration Course is not refundable.
There will be no refunds for no-shows or cancellations after 14 days before the course is scheduled to begin. Cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.